MyFactor Healthcare App Aids Patients with Bleeding Disorders
Cincinnati-based BioRx Hemophilia Services, part of the Diplomat Pharmacy, Inc. (NYSE: DPLO) portfolio of companies, is a national pharmacy and home infusion services provider specializing in highly customized treatment of hemophilia and related bleeding disorders.
As with many chronic medical conditions, bleeding disorders require ongoing monitoring and treatment. Red Hawk worked with BioRx to develop the MyFactor mobile healthcare application to help patients conveniently track and share the many activities and data related to their care.
The Android version of the application was released in 2014 and includes features that allow the user to track their personal infusion records, bleeding event history, and to share important injury and treatment information with members of their healthcare team.
The soon-to-be released upgrade includes an iOS version of the application. The new version of the Android and iOS app incorporates significant feature enhancements. Some of the most useful and innovative features include:
- Logging of factor infusions using a wizard interface and recording related product lot numbers by using the device keypad, scanning a barcode or taking a photo
- Tracking bleeding episodes - logging the type, cause, location, and levels of pain and severity and ability to attach photos and notes for added detail
- Viewing and sharing reports of infusion and bleed history. Users can create by date range, keyword or event type (bleeds or infusions) and send copies in PDF and CSV format to their healthcare team. Recipient list can be set up directly from the device’s local contacts.
- Setting up push notification reminders to record an infusion event
- Switching between multiple user accounts on a single device
- Multi-device, multi-platform data synchronization
- Settings features to allow for customization of the app by the individual user
- Integration with CPR+, a home infusion software for service providers